The history of FAULHABER has been closely linked to the municipalityof Schönaich from the very beginning. After the foundation of the "Feinmechanische Werkstätten" in 1947, company founder Dr. Fritz Faulhaber Sr. and his first employees initially worked in a building in Vogelsang, before moving to a barrack next to Dr. Faulhaber's home in Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Weg in 1960. In the early 1990s, FAULHABER moved into the newly constructed building at the current headquarters location.
"We would like to cement our bond forever, so to speak" - with these words, Schönaich's mayor Anna Walther unveiled the new street sign in front of more than 1,000 guests as part of the 75th anniversary celebration in September 2022. She expressed her gratitude for the company's commitment to the location at its roots and praised FAULHABER as an internationally successful player in the technology market and a figurehead for the municipality. She was particularly pleased that FAULHABER acts as a reliable partner and takes responsibility. As examples, Anna Walther mentioned the company's social commitment to the Schönaich senior citizens' lunch table and the Sindelfingen food bank. She emphasized the company's commitment to sustainability by stating that FAULHABER is one of the first German companies to produce in a climate-neutral manner at its Schönaich location.
In addition, it is also the focus on the technologies and drive solutions of the future that the new street name represents: "Faulhaberstraße - a road towards the future - because that is what FAULHABER has stood for for 75 years now," said the mayor. Karl Faulhaber expressed his thanks on behalf of the company for the special honor bestowed by the municipality of Schönaich.